Ten things you need to know about human trafficking:
1. Girls are trafficked into many industries beside brothels
2. Trafficking is visible; trafficking is accepted
3. Dirty jobs fuel trafficking demand
4. People smuggling is not considered trafficking
5. Trafficking victims most often "rescue themselves"
6. Adoption is still a trafficking risk
7. As many as one in five trafficking survivors fall prey a second time
8. Boys and men are trafficked too
9. Disability is attractive to traffickers
10. There is no one profile of a trafficker
For a far more detailed explanation, go here.
Jan and I are going to be at the Charlotte site for the Willow Creek Leadership Summit simulcast tomorrow and Friday. We will be at the World Vision table. If you're there, stop in and say hello.