Ten things you need to know about human trafficking:
1. Girls are trafficked into many industries beside brothels
2. Trafficking is visible; trafficking is accepted
3. Dirty jobs fuel trafficking demand
4. People smuggling is not considered trafficking
5. Trafficking victims most often "rescue themselves"
6. Adoption is still a trafficking risk
7. As many as one in five trafficking survivors fall prey a second time
8. Boys and men are trafficked too
9. Disability is attractive to traffickers
10. There is no one profile of a trafficker
For a far more detailed explanation, go here.
Jan and I are going to be at the Charlotte site for the Willow Creek Leadership Summit simulcast tomorrow and Friday. We will be at the World Vision table. If you're there, stop in and say hello.
On this date thirty eight years ago, Jan and I were married. We have been through a lot in that time, most of it good, some it challenging, ...
Finally, the weekly links post is back where it belongs. There has been a whole lot of stuff going on in the last few weeks. But enough ab...
This was first posted on February 21, 2010 and has been edited to bring it up to date. Wednesday, February 13 was the first day of Lent. A...
This will be the final Weekend Wanderings for this year. I hope to get back to more regular blogging in 2018, but I have learned to make ver...