Friday, August 21, 2009

TGIF

Now that summer vacation is over and the alarm is waking me up every morning, TGIF means a lot more. We've finished one week of school and there have been a few challenges, but God is gracious. Sunday marks the start of what I hope will be a new community of faith that embodies the grace of the Father in Rock Hill. If you think about it, please pray for the Spirit to guide us and work in us.

Here are some of the links for this week:

From truth to truth. Tim Hill mourns the American icon. This is a great song. Life lessons from Sarah Fujimoto. Who knew parking could be so spiritual? iMonk on evangelical worship settings. Scot McKnight on John Piper and tornadoes.

Alan Knox on spiritual gifts. Learn how to take a photo with and without flash (HT: Brother Maynard). Here is a new way for churches to raise money. A lesson on forgiveness (?) This sounds like some of my camping trips. Is Jeff McQ becoming agnostic? The wisdom of crowds.

I hope you have a good weekend. If you're a surfer, I hear there's going to be some killer waves on the east coast this weekend. :)

No comments:

Moving On

It's been a while since I've written here. Life has been happening the past few months. I have decided to start fresh, so I'm mo...