Saturday, July 2, 2016

Weekend Wanderings

It's been an interesting week here in the sunny South. I woke up very early Wednesday morning with a feeling like a heavy weight was sitting on my chest. After a few rounds of tests, the cardiologist determined that I have a couple of arteries partially blocked. Not enough for a stent or anything like that, but enough so that I will be on some medicine and will have to tweak a few things in my diet and lifestyle. Fortunately I found out without going through a major heart episode.

On to the good stuff:

This is cool.
Christianity is not for everyone.
An open letter.
The paradox of pretty.
The end of reflection.

Are you outraged?
A guide to religious affiliations you never knew existed.
Samson reflection.
Are things getting too smart?
We could all use some perspective.

Bad faith.
Alternate endings to Great Expectations.
Encouragement. Or not.
Brexit and beer.
Questions Jesus never asked.

Gospel and Kingdom.
Geoff Holsclaw on Trinity.
World's 50 best restaurants.
Good post from Joe James.
Instead of the sinner's prayer.

Have a blessed week!

2 comments:

kc bob said...

So glad you caught the blockage early Fred. Best wishes to you with the meds.

Fred Shope said...

Thanks Bob! I am grateful it went down the way it did.

Moving On

It's been a while since I've written here. Life has been happening the past few months. I have decided to start fresh, so I'm mo...