Friday, October 9, 2009

TGIF

President Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. Those of you who know me know that I am no Obama basher. I have some disagreements with his policies, but I have disagreed with every president that has held the office during my adult life. Having said that, I really don't understand the decision of the Nobel committee. They awarded a major prize to an individual who really hasn't done anything. He's only been in office seven months, and most of his energy has been expended on domestic issues. Is this a case of giving someone a prize to motivate them to carry out the actions which the prize honors?

Anyway, here's the important stuff:

When the poor die.
Bob Hyatt is doing a series on wives submitting to their husbands. Part 1. Part 2.
Love is patient.
Alan Knox asks, "what if they thought of the church?"
The bank account of the living dead.
Pam reviews Donald Miller's new book.
iMonk writes a story.
Scot McKnight has a good series titled, "God Hides in Plain Sight." Part 1 is here.
Good challenging story (HT: Scot McKnight).
fr'nklin reviews the Mosaic Bible.
Who would Jesus heal?
Buying or renting?

I have a three day weekend coming up, and I am definitely looking forward to it. I hope your weekend is restful.

No comments:

Moving On

It's been a while since I've written here. Life has been happening the past few months. I have decided to start fresh, so I'm mo...