Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans' Day

Today is Veterans' Day. Both my father and father-in-law served in World War II. I am thankful for all those who served this country in the Armed Forces, whether they agreed with the reasons behind the wars or not. War is a terrible thing, and I thank God that in his providence, neither I nor my children have been called to go to war. Those who do go to fight for their country deserve our respect and gratitude.

When you cross paths with a veteran today, thank them for their service.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Co-Heir,
Blessings and thoughts to your father and father in-law today. My grandfather also served. It is good to honor those who have served and our serving. For their sacrifice to our country is deeply respected and cherished.

Blessings,
~Amy :)
http://amyiswalkinginthespirit.blogspot.com

Fred Shope said...

Amy, on behalf of my father and father-in-law, thank you.

Moving On

It's been a while since I've written here. Life has been happening the past few months. I have decided to start fresh, so I'm mo...