Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans' Day

Today is Veterans' Day. Both my father and father-in-law served in World War II. I am thankful for all those who served this country in the Armed Forces, whether they agreed with the reasons behind the wars or not. War is a terrible thing, and I thank God that in his providence, neither I nor my children have been called to go to war. Those who do go to fight for their country deserve our respect and gratitude.

When you cross paths with a veteran today, thank them for their service.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Co-Heir,
Blessings and thoughts to your father and father in-law today. My grandfather also served. It is good to honor those who have served and our serving. For their sacrifice to our country is deeply respected and cherished.

Blessings,
~Amy :)
http://amyiswalkinginthespirit.blogspot.com

co_heir said...

Amy, on behalf of my father and father-in-law, thank you.

Weelend Wanderings

The first weekend links post of autumn is here! The weather is beautiful here in the sunny South. It was fifty degrees on our back porch thi...