Saturday, September 22, 2012

Weekend Wanderings

Fall is making its presence felt here in the sunny South. It has been sunny and cool during the day, and at night it's cool enough to sleep with some cover. My volleyball team started off with three wins in a row, then played like a different team and lost the next one. I guess that's too be expected when dealing with eighth grade girls. It's okay. Coaching is still the best part of my work day. There's just over a month left in the election season. I, for one, will be glad when I don't have to read or watch any more of the political ads for a while.

On to the links:

Good question.
The Merry Monk has a fable for the candidates.
Innocent or relevant?
Zack Hunt on the new Joel Osteen book.
When truth can be a lie.

Think you're having a bad day?
Living community.
Arthur Sido on church and tax breaks.
Vessel.
iMonk classic.

Doctrinal differences.
Brant Hansen on Rich Mullins.
Lessons learned in the chemo lab.
Dan Edelen on a characteristic of great Christians.
God hidden.

Keith Giles on sacrificial love.
Seven habits of a lifeless church.
Richard Brand on a married Jesus.
The family of God in Ephesians.
Were there early Christian soldiers?

Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Moving On

It's been a while since I've written here. Life has been happening the past few months. I have decided to start fresh, so I'm mo...