Monday, June 25, 2012

Repost: A Little Bit About Me

Evidently, there are a few more folks reading my ramblings and ranting these days. So, I'm going to reach back a few years and let you have a look at some things I wrote previously. Hopefully, this will give you an idea of who I am and where God has brought me through my journey. I hope you enjoy some "classics." :)

This was originally posted January 1, 2008:


I started my journey as a follower of Jesus when I was four years old. I know that may seem young, but I distinctly remember asking God to forgive my sins and save me, and I believe that's when I became his child. Obviously, at that age, I didn't have a clue about how this was going to work out in my life. I grew up as a pretty good kid, started a period of rebellion as a teenager, went to a conservative Bible college where the rebellion continued, actually graduated and began a few years of ministry in Christian schools.

My rebellion continued, but changed from a general fighting against "authority" to a realization that a lot of the things I was taught in fundamentalism were not only not sensible, but were not even Biblical. For awhile I tried to still minister in fundamental schools, while growing increasingly frustrated with the legalism and lack of grace and love that I saw around me and sometimes experienced. I know that I was seen as a "black sheep" by many.

About three years ago, God began to take me on a part of the journey that would change my life.

But, that's a story for another day.

1 comment:

kc bob said...

Thanks so much for sharing Fred.

The extremes of the left and right are so appealing because they appeal to the judgmental part of us that longs for everything to be black and white. Sadly the bible is often used to validate an ungodly form of absolutism.

I resonate with your journey Fred and am glad that God has helped me to see life and the scriptures in a new (and maybe grayer) way.

Moving On

It's been a while since I've written here. Life has been happening the past few months. I have decided to start fresh, so I'm mo...