Saturday, January 21, 2012

Weekend Wanderings

This week went by as quickly as last week did slowly. It's been raining here in the sunny for the last couple of days. My JV girls basketball team is starting to get it. We have a two game winning streak going after last night's game. Hopefully we can build on that in the remaining games. We voted in the primary today. Not very exciting, but I'm not quite to the point of giving up totally on the political process. I just don't put my trust in it.

Here is the good stuff:

The more I read things like this, the more I'm struck with the implications of following Jesus (HT: Scot McKnight).
Jake Belder writes about pilgrimage.
Kansas Bob asks a good question.
Wonder Bread Christianity.
This is true in both public and private.

Who knew?
Are you exhausted? (HT: Alan Knox)
I can relate to so much of this.
Sometimes it's funny how a cartoon can speak to your heart.
Mission.

Jon Acuff writes about scars.
Ronnie McBrayer's Blue Bomber.
Leaning into the future.
Jo Hilder on God's perfect will.
Justification and work.

Donald Miller on embracing all of life.
Life 100 years from now?
How do we edify others?
A special kind of crazy.
More of Jesus.

Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

kc bob said...

Thanks for the link Fred!

Looks like SC was gaga for Newt.

Moving On

It's been a while since I've written here. Life has been happening the past few months. I have decided to start fresh, so I'm mo...