Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Being Thankful

This Thursday is Thanksgiving Day, so in honor of the season I would like to list a few of the many things I am thankful for.

I am thankful, first of all, that I have a Father in heaven who calls me his child and who loves me with an inexhaustible love. I am thankful for what Jesus Christ has done for me, and for the great privilege of being called to follow him. I am thankful for the wisdom and guidance that the Spirit gives me in my day-to-day. I am thankful for the legacy of godly parents who taught me through their example how to follow Jesus. I am thankful for a sister who loves Jesus and loves me, and for her family.

I am thankful for an absolutely wonderful woman who I am blessed to call my wife. Her love and support means more to me than I can say. I am thankful for her family, and the way they have accepted me as one of their own. I am thankful for two fantastic children who are a joy and a blessing to me, and who have become fine young adults. I am thankful for friends who love me, who have taught me much, and who are not afraid to call BS when the situation warrants it.

I am thankful for a job that is more than just a job, but is also an opportunity to show God's love to others. I am thankful that I get to coach, and use athletics to influence young people. I am thankful for good health. I am thankful for the Father's provision down through the years, even though I didn't always have a lot of faith at the time. I am thankful for the things God has been teaching me these past few years, even the lessons that were hard to learn.

I could go on and on. There is so much to be grateful for. Abba has showered me with his blessings. So, this Thanksgiving I will soak in the riches of God's glorious grace and love.

I'll be taking a few days of the rest of the week. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Kansas Bob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kansas Bob said...

Happy Thanksgiving Fred!

I join you in giving thanks!

Williams Arena said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your rest.

Shauna Meryn Wickham said...

We are indeed blessed...life itself is a blessing! :)

co_heir said...

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

Weelend Wanderings

The first weekend links post of autumn is here! The weather is beautiful here in the sunny South. It was fifty degrees on our back porch thi...