Friday, September 17, 2010

TGIF

Last Friday, I said that it was cooling off around here. Turns out, I was wrong. It's been warmer this week than last. Maybe it'll cool down by October. This afternoon, Josh and I went kayaking on the Catawba River. It was a good workout and the river was beautiful. It was a very relaxing end to the day.

As usual, there's been some good stuff in the blogosphere this week. Here's a sampling:

Here are some good thoughts from Dan Edelen.
Here is a good post about living the questions.
Here are Todd Hiestand's thoughts on bi-vocational ministry.
Here are Matt's thoughts on bi-vocational ministry.
Here is a post from Jared Wilson on sowing justice.
Here is a sign that you might be practicing churchianity.

It's party time!
The myth of independence.
Alan Knox on qualifications and examples.
A family affair.
Circling the wagons.

Beyond redemption?
A Christian defense of irrationality.
Jesus lives in a rehab.
John Armstrong's letter to the North American church.
Why Glenn Beck isn't a big deal.
Show and tell.

Have a great weekend.

6 comments:

Dr. Terry Dorsett said...

Thanks for the list. Consider sharing my blog with your leaders:
www.terrydorsett.com

co_heir said...

Looks good. I'll add it to my reading list.

Matt @ The Church of No People said...

Hey Fred, thanks for including me on your list! I've read a couple of those others (Rachel's post on Glenn Beck among others,) but I've got some catching up to do.

co_heir said...

You're welcome, Matt. I enjoy reading your blog.

Williams Arena said...

My sister lives close to the Catawba River and teaches at Catawba Community college. It is a beautiful river.

Good links as always. It is becoming a habit of mine to sit down on Sat. morning with a cup of coffee and pull up your page. Take care and while I'm the world's worst blog commentor....please know that I do enjoy TGIF

co_heir said...

Wow. Thank you.

Weelend Wanderings

The first weekend links post of autumn is here! The weather is beautiful here in the sunny South. It was fifty degrees on our back porch thi...