Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Update on Goal for the Year

Well, I had really planned on getting back in some semblance of shape and competing in Masters track events this fall. Unfortunately, those plans have taken a bit of a hit. I found out today that I have a small belly button hernia. It doesn't hurt a whole lot, but it probably will require some sort of surgery. So that will put me behind a few weeks in my training. I have a consultation with the surgeon tomorrow, so I'll have a better idea of what is in store.

There is a silver lining. If I compete this year, I'll be one of the older runners in the 50-54 age group. If I have to wait until next year, I'll be one of the younger ones in the 55-60 age group. So, maybe it will be for the best.

3 comments:

Kansas Bob said...

Hope the surgery (if needed) is minor and recovery is quick. I admire your desire to get into shape.

co_heir said...

Thanks Bob. I found out this morning that I actually have two hernias. They can take care of both at the same time, but it will slow things down a bit more.

Kansas Bob said...

Hope you are back at the gym by spring.

Weekend Wanderings

Weekend Wanderings will be away for the next two weekends. We're heading out to the Left Coast to meet our new grandchild, who is expect...