Friday, December 11, 2009

TGIF

We had one fairly warm day here in the sunny South, but the rest of the time it's been colder than normal. According to the Farmer's Almanac, this winter will be colder and wetter than normal. I believe they might be right. The basketball team I coach is undefeated. I know it's only two games, but still.... We play tonight, so we'll see what happens.

Here's the good stuff:

Statistics and mustard seeds.
Interesting question.
Karl Barth meets the emerging church.
This is good.
Re: Tiger Woods.
Have you ever felt like this?
Looks like this might be a good read.

Just in case you haven't bought your Christmas tree yet.
Donald Miller's Christmas list.
Annoying gifts.
I know he's my son, so I may be biased, but this is good.
The mood of advent.
Entering the story.
How to avoid consumerism at Christmas. (HT: Scot McKnight)

Is Advent Biblical? (HT: also Scot McKnight)
Jason Boyett is not "standing" for Christmas.
Jonathan Brink on bottled water.
Table fellowship.
Have you been inoculated?
Brant Hansen sings.
The Road.

Have a blessed weekend and a good third Sunday of Advent.

No comments:

Moving On

It's been a while since I've written here. Life has been happening the past few months. I have decided to start fresh, so I'm mo...