Amy has a Christmas meme of sorts over on her site. It's a good way to think back over some memories and favorite things about the season. Feel free to jump in and post some of your own memories and favorite things.
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Egg nog on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, hot chocolate the rest of the time.
2. Does "Santa" wrap presents or just put them under the tree? Our presents are wrapped. We enjoy the process of unwrapping. Of course, sometimes the wrapping consists of gift bags.
3. Colored lights or white? I enjoy seeing a lot of colorful light displays, but I also like the white lights. White lights seem more peaceful to me.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. No particular reason.
5. When do you put your decorations up? We used to put everything up a week after Thanksgiving. Now we get them up whenever we can find the time.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (including dessert)? I really enjoy all the cookies that are so prevalent this time of year. I like the fudge too.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? There is no one memory that stands out. I remember Christmas as a time of joy and love. My family was close and Christmas was always a good time.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't know. We always emphasized the birth of Jesus Christ. Santa was just something added on.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We each open one gift.
10. Do you place a nativity set anywhere in your home? We have a number of nativity sets and we place them around the house.
11. Snow. Love or or hate it? I like snow for Christmas or at other times during the winter, as long as it doesn't stay around too long. We used to live in Cincinnati and grew tired of the snow. Now we live in the South and would like to see a little more.
12. Can you ice skate? Nope. Bad ankles.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I've received so many wonderful gifts through the years, and no single gift stands out above the rest.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? The birth of Jesus, and being with family.
15. Do you mail out Christmas cards/newsletters? We send out cards every year, and insert a letter letting folks know what has happened in our family udring the year.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Reading the Christmas story on Christmas Eve, and having a big dinner with the family on Christmas Day.
17. What tops your Christmas tree? An angel.
18. Do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving. I love seeing other people open their gifts.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? "Silent Night". I know a lot of people don't like it, and I understand the reasons why. To me the song speaks of the holiness of the birth of the Savior and King.
20. Candy canes. Yum or yuck? I love candy canes.
21. What do you want for Christmas? My two front teeth, or a hippopotamus. :) Really, I'm not picky. Just spending time with my family and friends is enough.
22. Do you attend a Christmas party? Usually a couple every year.
23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear pajamas? We go to a Christmas Eve service every year, so we dress up a little.
24. Do you own a Santa hat? No.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? My family.
I wrote this one a couple weeks ago. HOME AGAIN It’s been said that you can’t go home again I decided to see for myself, so ...
Finally, the weekly links post is back where it belongs. There has been a whole lot of stuff going on in the last few weeks. But enough ab...
This was first posted on February 21, 2010 and has been edited to bring it up to date. Wednesday, February 13 was the first day of Lent. A...
World Vision has joined with 10x10, a campaign promoting the education and empowerment of girls. This story from Ethiopia highlights how ch...