Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend Wanderings

It's been an interesting week. It seems that the Middle East and parts of Africa are about ready to explode. It remains to be seen how all this is going to shake out, and hopefully the U.S. government will come down on the right side of freedom in that region. My own week was a bit frustrating. I'm learning that I can't fix the kids that I work with, that the only thing I can do is love them and leave the rest in God's hands. That's hard for me to do, because I want to see results. I guess that's where trust comes in. :)

So anyway, here are the links for the week:

We don't agree, but....
The song we were made to sing.
Resisting your own little world.
Our intimate God.
When it doesn't make sense.

Chaplain Mike says, "All are welcome."
Someone has way too much time on their hands.
Ronnie McBrayer on monkeys, church, and cold showers.
Here are some beautiful and sad pictures (HT: Scot McKnight).
Scot McKnight starts a series titled, "Is God Ever Surprised?" Part 1.

Caricatures.
How to avoid conviction Part 1.
Health care in Sweden.
Jesus pronounces God's blessings.
The New Testament is plural.

Tim Hill learned something from the Beatles.
Alan Knox's dogs don't know who they are.
Jonathan Brink on big love.
Alan Knox on gathering and dispersal.

No comments:

Moving On

It's been a while since I've written here. Life has been happening the past few months. I have decided to start fresh, so I'm mo...