Sunday, October 21, 2018

Weekend Wanderings

It has been a bit chilly here in the sunny South this past week. The political ads are getting more numerous and nastier. It's rare these days when a candidate gives you positive reasons why you should vote for them rather than negative reasons why the other candidate is evil. I don't know how the elections are going to turn out, but no matter what happens, my calling as a follower of Jesus doesn't change.

On to the real reason you are here. The links:

Happy happy?
Are you haunted?
Here is a very touching article.
We need more of this.
This is a problem.

Leaving Facebook.
Good article from Michelle Van Loon.
A vanishing occupation.
Sad news.
This could be a problem.

Evidently, it might not be an insurmountable problem.
Here is one place where the right and left are coming together, sort of.
Humblebrags.
Is the neighborhood the answer?
Good things from the grave.

Failing the grieving.
Five terms to stop misusing.
Passing of a hero.
Hidden messages.
Taking love for granted.

Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

kc bob said...

"no matter what happens, my calling as a follower of Jesus doesn't change" Amen!

And thanks for reading and linking to my blog Fred.

Wish you good weather this week. 50 years ago this month I was in SC at Ft Jackson and was surprised how chilly it sometimes got.

Moving On

It's been a while since I've written here. Life has been happening the past few months. I have decided to start fresh, so I'm mo...