Saturday, November 29, 2014

Weekend Wanderings

The Christmas weight gain season has begun. I don't have a whole lot of room to talk, as I put on a couple of pounds Thanksgiving Day. Either that or all my clothes shrank. There has been a lot of talk in the news about the grand jury decision in Ferguson, Missouri. The decision was a surprise and a disappointment to many. It is obvious to me that we have a lot to do in the area of race relations, along with a lot of other areas. Too many folks still refuse to see others as fellow human beings, with worth. Some day, in the new creation.

Here are the links:

Lisa Sharon Harper on Ferguson and change.
Silence.
Desire.
Philip Yancey on a great divide.
The God who knoweth none.

Gospel gardening.
Karen Spears Zacharias on Ferguson and the media.
Trendy?
So, does it taste better?
Good argument for phys. ed. classes.

Use a paper towel instead.
McGospel?
Part 1 of a three part series on gratitude.
John Frye on prayer.
Andy Gill on silence.

For the art.
Entering the story.
Eric Carpenter on one anothering.
A good ambition.
I have one of these pamphlets. Should I be worried?

This Sunday is the beginning of the Advent season. If you have never taken part in Advent activities, check them out somewhere. You might enjoy them. I've found that it is a good antidote to the craziness that sometimes surrounds the American celebration of Christmas.

Have a blessed week!

No comments:

Moving On

It's been a while since I've written here. Life has been happening the past few months. I have decided to start fresh, so I'm mo...