Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekend Wanderings: Monday Edition

It's the weekend again. I know it's Monday. We'll just call it a three-day weekend. This week has gone by quickly. Things were busy, with a lot of coming and going. Jan and I are going out of town again this week, so there may not be a weekend post. We're going to my 40th high school reunion (I know, I know. I don't look that old.). Things have dried out a bit here in the sunny South, and the weather is getting back to normal for July. In other words, hot and humid, with thunderstorms likely every afternoon.

Here are the links:

Alan Knox has begun a series on ministry. Part 1 is here.
Andy Stager on zagging instead of zigging.
Luke Bretherton reviews a book by Jim Wallis.
Kansas Bob on justice.
Rich Wagner reflects .

Darwinian Christianity.
The problem of evil.
So, Jesus is in Siberia?
When the church gets all OT on you.
Ten easy ways to improve your performance.

Jon Acuff has a secret.
Various authors on Christianity and nationalism.
Nate Pruitt on parking (sort of).
Mike Erich with some good thoughts.

To-do lists.
So, it looks like Buddhists have leadership issues too.
For freedom.
Good news for women, and others.
Unmet expectations.

Chaplain Mike on approaching the Bible.
Scot McKnight on meals and the sacred.
Responding differently to Jesus.
Let God speak.
Presidential last words.

Have a blessed week.

1 comment:

kc bob said...

Thanks for the link Fred! Have a great reunion!

Moving On

It's been a while since I've written here. Life has been happening the past few months. I have decided to start fresh, so I'm mo...