Saturday, February 25, 2012

Weekend Wanderings

It's been quite the roller coaster this week here in the sunny South. Sunday brought us cold temps and rain. By Thursday, it was in the 70s and sunny. This morning, it's 35 on our back porch. It's been up and down for me as well. After a restful long weekend, I spent two days at home with some kind of nasty stomach virus or something. Yesterday, I went back to work, and now it's the weekend again. Enough about me. I know why you're really here.

Here are the links of the week:

Let go of your baggage.
Mark Galli on Lent (HT: iMonk).
Ben Sternke on the cost of non-discipleship (HT: Scot McKnight).
Aspiring to be a nobody.

How God views your local church.
Feast.
Eric Carpenter writes about what he's for. I am for that as well.
Brant kills things.

Bobby Auner's exodus from church camp.
Arthur Sido on the attraction of cultural Christianity.
Patience and progress.
Circle or cross?

Interesting idea for Lent.
Come and die.
Follow your fears.
Does this seem familiar?

Fr. Richard Rohr on Lent.
Membership is no substitute.
Resurrection spirituality.
This is very encouraging to me.
Holy ignorance.

Have a restful weekend!

No comments:

Moving On

It's been a while since I've written here. Life has been happening the past few months. I have decided to start fresh, so I'm mo...