Saturday, August 15, 2009

St. Thomas Community Church or The Church in the Bagel Shop

A long time ago I wrote about how God was calling Jan and me out of the church we were in and how a friend and I were going to plant a church here in Rock Hill. Those plans were put on hold for a while, due to circumstances beyond our control (read: God's timing). Well, it looks like it's going to happen, but not in the way we originally planned.

On Sunday, August 23, St. Thomas Community Church will have it's first ever meeting. We will be meeting at Durango Bagel in the Millwood Plantation shopping center on Herlong Avenue. We'll get together at 9:30 AM for coffee, etc., and begin our meeting around 10:00. We'll wrap things up around 11:00 or 11:30.

Our purpose is to form a community of faith around learning to love God with every fiber of our being, and then taking that outside the four walls to love our neighbors as ourselves. We want to not just go to church, but rather to BE the church.

Anyway, if you're in Rock Hill stop by and check us out.

2 comments:

Steve K. said...

That's great, Fred! So excited to hear about this. I hope it's the start of something beautiful.

Shalom,
Steve K.

Fred Shope said...

I hope so as well

Moving On

It's been a while since I've written here. Life has been happening the past few months. I have decided to start fresh, so I'm mo...