Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Family Trip Part I

Saturday, we traveled to Charleston, SC and spent the night with my sister and her family. On Sunday, Father's Day, we drove to Miami. That is a long drive! We went through one of the famous Florida thunderstorms. It lasted for about an hour. We got into Miami about 7:30 and checked into our room at the Essex House Hotel in South Beach. After getting settled in we went to dinner at the Hofbrau House. It's on a pedestrian mall that is a great place to people watch. There's a lot of interesting folks walking around South Beach. After a night's sleep, we drove to the port, where we boarded the cruise ship. We left at 4:00 and headed for our first port of call, Key West.EEssex House front porch

Essex HouseShip in MiamiFirst night sunset on board

No comments:

Moving On

It's been a while since I've written here. Life has been happening the past few months. I have decided to start fresh, so I'm mo...